Sunday 29 June 2014

What is Your Motivation?

Over the past few weeks I have felt a strong conviction….why are you doing what you are doing? If you are a workaholic like me, you may often get carried away with work, focusing on little else but the job at hand. With my thesis presentation looming at the end of the year I feel I have fallen into the trap (yet again) of calling it MY project, MY degree…MY life!

John 15:5 often flashes through my mind when I begin to lean on my own strength and understanding. It says “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

Scripture often tells us to lay all that we are at His feet and let God use us as he intended. How much more fulfilling is it to be used by our Almighty Creator than trying to find our own way through life?!

Granted, we will always fall, but, if you are like me and sometimes lose sight of why you are doing what you are doing and for whom, then I want to urge you to re-evaluate your approach to whatever it is you’re struggling with. Lay your work, problems and aspirations at His feet for He KNOWS what’s best for us…so why continue to struggle for control?

From my personal experience I find no greater calm than when I submit my work to God, and find no greater joy than when I do my work for Him. I often find that Colossians 3:23 reconciles my work with God; it states “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord rather than for men.”  

I pray that if you are struggling in this area of your life that you will have the strength and courage to submit all you do to your Loving Father…what an incredible privilege that is!!

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment