Wednesday 19 March 2014

Liz Vice: There's a Light

Artist: Liz Vice
Rating: 4/5
Genre: Soul, Blues, Gospel
Release Date: 14 January 2014
Length: 37:21
Label: Deeper Well Records

Liz Vice.  Now here is an artist that projects a raw and raspy kind of worship that is hard to come by.  With hearty, Gospel-themed lyrics mingling with rocky, bluesy undertones and sweet 2 and 3 part harmonies in some songs, There’s a Light is indeed a goodie!
Almost the entire album has been recorded live to analog tape. Class!  You can expect a combination of old school R&B, unbelievably catchy, bluesy guitar riffs and indeed ‘a Light’ that resonates through all 10 songs on this remarkable debut album.
“... to this day my throat feels as though it’s caving in until I pray the simple prayer: “LORD, sing over me and I will sing over the people.” - What a cool lady. I can’t wait to hear more from this honest and talented artist'!
My favourite songs on the album have to be 6. Pure Religion, 9. Enclosed by You, 4. The Source, 1. Abide, 10. There’s a Light… Never mind! The entire album is just pure class!
AMAZING FREE STUFF!
So refreshing! Do it!
Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment