Wednesday 23 April 2014

His Wounds Have Paid My Ransom




“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3

Last week I was really touched, and to a degree, convicted while helping with the review of Matt Papa’s Easter EP. In the song entitled “This Changes Everything” he sings the amazing truth “HE IS ALIVE”, but in the same breath asks “so what?”.

Easter is so easily over-shadowed by the “holiday-ness” associated with it - the copious amounts of chocolate eggs and, of course, the Easter bunny…but have you taken some time to truly reflect on Jesus’ incredible sacrifice? I urge you to play the video below and really think about what Jesus did for you and me two thousand years ago.


The lyrics that hit home were “If this is true, this changes everything. If this is real, I’ve got to tell the world. If He is God, I’ve got a choice to make. If I believe, then I must follow Him.” How is this amazing truth changing my heart? How has His ultimate sacrifice altered who I am? Am I living as if I believe that God, the Maker of Heaven and Earth, sent His son for MY sins?

Brothers and sisters I want to encourage you to take some time and thank God for His incredible grace! How awesome it is that we serve such a loving Father! But at the same time I want you to think about how/if the amazing truth of Easter has changed your heart and mind.

I would like to end this post with one of my all-time favourite songs. I pray that the lyrics will stir your heart as they do mine.


“Behold a man upon the cross
My sin upon his shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breathe has brought me life
I know that it is finished.”

Peace and Love

A

No comments:

Post a Comment