Friday 27 December 2013

The Greatest Gift of All

First of all I'd like to apologise for not posting everything on time! It's holidays...and...well....seems like I struggle to function without a set routine :/

Anyways...we here at Rocking it Christian Style pray that you all had a blessed Christmas and I'm sure, like us, you're excited for what the New Year has in store.

After walking down a busy street...carols echoing all around...Christmas lights shining...the sound of laughter and excitement...I couldn't help but wonder if people actually remembered why we celebrate Christmas in the first place.

I read an article entitled "The Joy of Celebrating a Godless Christmas" which really hit a nerve, I'm not going to lie....it filled me with anger and sadness. How can people celebrate such a day without acknowledging Jesus Christ?!

Below is a piece called "Mary's Dream":

I had a dream Joseph. I don't understand it, not really, but I think it was about a birthday celebration for our Son. I think that was what it was all about. The people had been preparing for it for about six weeks. They had decorated the house and bought elaborate gifts. It was peculiar, though because the presents weren't for our Son. They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree. Yes, a tree Joseph, right in their house. They'd decorated the tree also. The branches were full of glowing balls and sparkling ornaments. There was a figure on top of the tree. It looked like an Angel might look. Oh it was beautiful. Everyone was laughing and happy. They were all excited about the gifts. They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our Son. I don't think they even knew Him. They never mentioned His name. Doesn't it seem odd for people to go to all that trouble to celebrate someone's birthday if they don't know Him. I had the strangest feeling that if our Son had gone to this celebration, He would have been intruding. Everything was so beautiful, Joseph, and everyone so full of cheer, but it made me want to cry. How sad for Jesus not to be wanted at His own birthday celebration. I'm glad it was only a dream. How terrible, Joseph, if it had been real!

It's sad how Christmas, to a large extent, has become about Santa and giving each other gifts, instead of giving thanks to our Lord and Saviour for stepping down from Heaven an becoming flesh for us. I cannot, for one second, fathom how deep His love for us truly is.

"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'

"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others"

Peace and Love

A

No comments:

Post a Comment