Monday 16 December 2013

God, our Provider

And...I'm finally back home! After spending two amazing weeks at LIV I know it's going to take some getting used to. The thing with any mission trip is that you're constantly surrounded by fellow Christians, you're encouraged to set aside quiet time as often as you can and spend as much time as possible with God...BUT....when you get home and "reality" sets in again it is easy to fall back into your usual habits and that flame that was ignited starts to dim. It's day one and I'm going strong...but will I be able to say the same after day thirty-one?

I'm going to stop before I get too far into this as this is not the main point of this post...

Last week we helped an orphan organization with its end-of-year function where over 1000 people (orphans registered with the organization and their guardians) gathered. They put on a nativity play for the children and then handed out christmas presents, food and stationery sets...it was a massive event to organize!

Each volunteer ushered a family through the collection process, out of the gate and then returned to help the next family etc. Seeing the joy brought to everyone as we lead them past each station was beyond incredible, but it was the last family that I ushered that truly touched my heart. It was an old lady (a 'gogo' as South Africans would say) with a baby strapped to her back and a small boy no older than 13. She had such a kind face and an unbelievably contagious smile. After 2 hours of ushering I was extremely tired, but seeing this lady gave me new life!

Leading the family through the various collection stations I looked back to see if they were alright. I could barely see the old lady behind the huge pile of food and Christmas gifts. She was beaming from ear to ear. The small boy was also struggling to carry everything and kept dropping things...his face was literally gleaming. Seeing this scene really touched me and, while watching, two words came to mind...God's Provision.

Seeing how God has provided for LIV in a supernatural way and reflecting on my life and seeing "GOD" stamped across it I felt God asking "Why do you doubt me?". In Matthew 6:25-34 we are commanded not to worry and are told to trust in our Lord. Being a Christian does not mean that life will all of sudden become easy...on the contrary, we are told to expect our lives to be filled with trouble. We must trust in our loving Father because EVERYTHING really is possible with Him. I urge you to keep Him as the focal point of your life, because that's why we are here. There is nothing better than living out God's purpose for your life. Focus on trusting Him, laying down all your hopes and dreams at His feet and allow Him to use you in a way that glorifies Him.

Thinking about it I honestly don't think our ears will hear anything sweeter than in the end days when, to some, He will say "Well done, good and faithful servant... enter into the joy of your Master."

I pray that you will seek His kingdom first!

Peace and Love everybody

A

No comments:

Post a Comment