Sunday 7 July 2013

How Great is Our Sovereign God

Hey guys!

This has been such an exciting week for us here at Rocking it Christian Style! We interviewed the amazingly talented Glen Hartmann and Kelly Mole (the podcast will be up soon!) and then we were put in touch with even more artists willing to be on the blog! We were buzzing to see God's hand in what we are doing...and then, when we least expected it, God put yet another person with an incredible passion for music in our path - her name is Morgan Fisher, all the way from the United States!

For those of you who like our Facebook page you may have already seen her initiative, but if not, check it out below...and once you're done, check out their website - http://www.btj4a.org/.


It is such an incredible initiative and we believe it to be tremendously exciting! We're hoping Morgan will write a post, sharing a bit more about BTJ4A, her time in South Africa and how we can get involved.

Now something I learnt through all these people coming into our lives is that God is sovereign....He is always in control.

A verse that I hold close at all times is Jeremiah 29:11 - 

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When J and I felt a strong calling to get involved in the Christian Music industry we had NO idea where God was leading us, but I can say with confidence that He has been with us every step of the way! When looking at our journey thus far, Matthew 19:26 rings true, "...with God all things are possible." Now just because He is with us doesn't mean it has been an easy journey so far, on the contrary! We have faced moments of disappointment and discouragement but God has used these moments to build our character and give us wisdom. He has guided us every step of the way and He will continue to do so, but before I give you a long testimony I just want to urge you all to heed God's calling for your life, no matter how frightening it may be. 

It is so easy for us to lose ourselves in our everyday activities and for us to lose focus on what life is truly about. I just want to remind you that glorifying God should be at the core of everything you do. I know this is a daunting task but Isiah 41:10 says "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Just reflect on how you are glorifying God with what he has given you - you are in this specific place, at this specific time for a reason.

Peace and Love everybody

A


No comments:

Post a Comment