Sunday 18 May 2014

Mighty Things

Today I'd like to share with you a passage that has really spoken to me recently. As I approach the home stretch of my studies the question "What next?" has started to creep into my mind. If, like me, you want nothing more than to live out God's will for your life and desire to perform mighty feats for Him, then I'm sure this passage from Angus Buchan's book "The Bible in 366 Days: For Men" will speak to you.

"If we put our trust in God, He will give us VICTORY. 
If we are in Christ, we are TRIUMPHANT; 
therefore, we must go out and proclaim His GREATNESS. 
God will help us do mighty things in His name, if we only BELIEVE."

My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!
Wake up, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.
Now rescues your beloved people.
Answer and save us by your power.
With God's help we will do mighty things,
for he will trample down our foes. 
Psalm 108: 1-6, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment